St Elphin's logo

Dining Room Gallery.....

Above: 1963: Princess Margaret opens the new dining hall – The Stopford Hall – named after Miss Stopford, Headmistress, 1941 to 1958 (above with Princess Margaret).

Left: Princess Margaret with the Lord Bishop of Derby and Miss Robinson, Headmistress, 1958 to 1975 can be seen left.

Invitation to the opening of the dining room

 

Left: Mary Goodman's invitation to the Opening of the Assembly Hall, formally known as The Stopford Hall. Mary was Head Girl from 1934 to 1938 and was Secretary of St Elphin's Old Girls' Guild for a number of years.

The opening plaque, which can be seen on the wall in the above photo with Princess Margaret and Miss Stopford, is currently is Liz Bailey-Donlan's possession (as at April 2016).

 

Dining room at St Elphin's

 

 

Right: 1964: The Stopford Hall (dining room) – the steps led down to the fish pond.

Photo © Heather James (Chemistry teacher 1963 to 1968) - click here for Heather's memoirs as a teacher at St Elphin's.

 

 


Dining room at St Elphin's
Above:
The Stopford Hall circa 1965

St Elphin's School staff dining room photo

January 2005 – Staff dining room - Photo: David Morris (the late Mel Pass-Morris's husband).
Mel was in Pigot House and was Head Girl in 1970.


St Elphin's School dining room corridor photo
January 2005 – Corridor leading to Stopford Hall (main dining room) at the bottom. Staff and Head Mistress's dining rooms are the two doors off the left-hand side. Photo: David Morris (the late Mel Pass-Morris's husband. Mel was in Pigot House and was Head Girl in 1970.

Back to top
Back to Bricks 'n Mortar