St Elphin's School logo


 

Appeals.....

The Society of Friends

The Association of the Friends of St Elphin's was formed in 1953 and its first project was the provision of an assembly hall – the future Stopford Hall. "The Committee of the Friends wish to place on record their appreciative thanks to Mr. Stanford, Rector of Darley and father of an Old Girl, for his beautiful photographs reproduced in this booklet which is being sold for the funds of the Association."

 

 

Please click on the left image to see the full booklet which was kindly supplied by Mary Goodman

 

 



"The Society was formed in 1952: with the aim of helping the Governors in every way to improve the amenities of the School. Working together in close co-operation, a considerable programme expansion was undertaken, with the following buildings being completed:

1963: An Assembly Hall - The Stopford Hall

1966: Additional Hard Tennis Courts

1968: A modern Gymnasium

1969: A Teaching Block - the Isobel Burgis Block

1971: A Sixth Form House - Devonshire House

1975: A Teaching Block - the Thornton Building

1976: An all-weather Playing Area

1977: Appeal for a new Arts Centre"

Please click on the left image to see the full booklet which was kindly supplied by Helen Simpson-Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Return to top